Sunday, July 26, 2015

Storing Selvedges



The Selvage Along on Quilts of a Feather asks today :  It's link up your selvages day! We are wondering, how do you store your selvages?

I must admit my selvedge collection is all over the place.  Here are some kept in containers I made using papier mache (my other hobby).


Others are kept in a plastic (doona) bag - I find these bags are great for keeping my quilting project together in one place.



Sometimes I go through and sort the writing selvedges from the plain ones, other times they are all thrown in together until I am working on a specific project, really there is no semblance of order.


The selvedges in the green container are the latest ones gathered and are 'earmarked' for my next selvedge quilt, foundations are all drawn up and it's ready to go.

Happy quilting !!




6 comments:

  1. I too have my selvages in a large zip up duvet bag ..and when I'm feeling keen I sort them into zip lock bags ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have my selvages in a large zip up duvet bag ..and when I'm feeling keen I sort them into zip lock bags ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn! Your collection is impressive! Iove the selvages butterflies you have made. Looking for to see more your selvage creations. I collect all the selvages and they are my treasures (hope to post soon).x Teje
    www.nerospost.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, Me again, I popped over to your blog today and loved your work with selvedges - (Oh Dear ! here I go again), would you mind if I used some of your ideas for my fabric postcards? I promise to send you one if I do!
    Lx AKA Monkey Business & Quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great Lorraine, happy to share ideas and inspiration. Love to see your fabric postcards.

      Delete
  5. You are more organized than most I think, even with several bins full! Thanks for linking up with the Selvage Along!

    ReplyDelete