Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Photography and Quilts

Taking a photo - it seemed easier to shoot a pic of the kids, the dogs or hubby asleep. 



 But put a camera in my hand in front of a quilt and my photography skills are seriously lacking.   Until 3 years ago I struggled to take any sort of decent photo of my quilts.  Then I decided to have an outdoor quilt display and use temporary fence panels to hang them on.  So of course before the display, I had to try one out so off to the hardware store we went and bought one which is now permanently attached off my patio.   The temporary fence panels worked well for the display.

Today, no rain and only a slight breeze and not too cold - pleasant winter's day in Tasmania and a perfect time to take a photo of some quilts before they are packed away.  

Here is my latest selvedge quilt using both plain and writing selvedges.  The binding is also a selvedge.




'Falling Selvedges' was time consuming to make but so much fun.  The top and bottom sections are foundation pieced as is the middle background sections, all from selvedges.  The 'falling' selvedges are raw edged machine stitched onto the background and then they are all individually machine quilted around.    I love this quilt.




Another UFO also had its binding stitched down over the weekend so it can now go to a good home.



Happy quilting  !!






1 comment:

  1. I love the falling selvages! What a fun idea and great execution!

    ReplyDelete