Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday...itis

The start of another week and the sun is shining today.  Not a lot of sewing was done yesterday as it was football day so the afternoon/evening was taken up driving to Launceston to watch the mighty Hawks.

Before we left home though, I started 'auditioning' fabrics to fill in the four corners of these blocks.

I had this piece of grey in my stash and I think it will go quite well with the black/white within the blocks.


In the other two opposite triangles I will add bright coloured scrap pieces like I have used for the pinwheel

I will 'experiment' a little today and see what happens

Don't you just love this panel I picked up over the weekend at my local Spotlight store.  I will cut it up and incorporate the blocks into a couple of aprons I am making for my 'Out of the Kitchen' Patchwork Apron display at next year's Festival in the Park.  Each apron I am making have patchwork blocks within them, i.e. crazy blocks, flying geese, churn dash, twister, four patch, etc




No comments:

Post a Comment