Monday, July 20, 2015

60 Today !

What a busy few days over the weekend.  This past week has been a birthday week for myself and my two of my friends.  My quilting mentor and dear friend Janice was 70 on Friday and we had a lovely soup/sandwich luncheon at the Gawler Gallery for her and her 80+ friends.  It is was so much fun.

Saturday was a nice sunny but cold day but for 18 of my close friends and family who came along to celebrate my 60th birthday, it was a few hours of constant chatter, amazing Middle Eastern food and laughter abound.  My dearest friend Barb organised this beautiful cake for me and I almost didn't want to cut into it.  


This morning, the postie delivered two parcels, one from my American pen pal Dianna and inside the box was so many wonderful goodies - beautiful fabric, lovely little basket filled with selvedges, Aurifil thread and magazines.  

The other parcel was my new Fitbit Flex - my latest attempt to get healthier and fitter.  Let's see how it goes for such a teensy bracelet !


On the quilting front, I only managed to get a scrap binding sewn onto another scrap quilt over the weekend.  It is half sewn down and as soon as we get another sunny day, I will have it and another 2-3 quilts to photograph.


Happy quilting




5 comments:

  1. What a special cake for a special lady! I'd say you had a wonderful birthday with lots of goodies and friends! May you have many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful cake which suited you so much.very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful cake which suited you so much.very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous cake. Happy Birthday for yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your lovely comments. I had a quiet day at my sewing machine trying to get the black/white/red twister quilt finished quilting.

    ReplyDelete