Tuesday, November 17, 2015

It's a Quilting Week !

My replacement walking foot arrived in the mail on Monday morning so this week I will be working overtime to get the quilting done on a few quilts.  I managed to get two more of my selvedge quilts finished before my Janome Acqufeed walking foot disintegrated mid-way through quilting.  I must admit it has been working hard for the past 6 months or so.

Unfortunately this morning I had a major migraine which restricted my quilting time somewhat but I did get the quilting done on this small Christmas Tree wallhanging.  Let me tell you it is hard work concentrating on sewing a straight line when your vision is blurry and your head is throbbing like crazy.  I like my crooked star, many of the decorated trees I see in the lead into Christmas have the star sitting at a precarious position at the top of the tree.
 My headache improved (with lots of medication) in the afternoon so I was able to get some quilting done on this scrappy lap quilt.  
 Last week, while I was waiting on the replacement walking foot, I decided to sew these smaller selvedges into blocks.  I was given these selvedges both plain and wording, cut into 5 inch strips, so I drew up some triangle foundations ready to make a quick quilt.
 So far, I have done 48 blocks with word selvedges and about 20 blocks done with plain selvedges.  I should have enough done to start joining them together by the weekend, when I have a sewing day here at home with a few quilting friends.


Happy quilting !  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your selvedge triangles!

    ReplyDelete