Sunday, November 8, 2015

Felt Christmas Tree

I came across this post on Facebook a couple of days ago and thought it was a great idea

 Just so happened I was in Spotlight on Friday so bought some felt and yesterday cut out the tree.  To make it a bit more sturdy, I backed it (with felt) as well.
 I sewed around the edge of the tree (zigzag would work) and it is now ready for the decorations. 
 Lots of Christmas fabrics and panels were 50% off so found this cute panel to cut up for presents, candy cane, stars and Santa.
And this one for baubles 
 Here they are all ready to have the piece of felt attached.  I used the off-cuts of the green felt and some red felt I had on hand.
 I sewed around the outside of each decoration, added some extra stitching to a few of them and trimmed them, ready for the tree
 And here is the tree decorated.  I still have a few decorations to finish off but it is looking great don't you think.
 Here is a closeup of some of the decorations

A great idea for the little ones who love to play with the real Christmas tree decorations.  Now they can decorate their very own tree as many times as they like.

Happy sewing !


3 comments:

  1. I love this idea, but how do the ornaments stay on the tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I backed them with felt and zig-zagged around them and then they stick - felt on felt.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete