Thursday, October 8, 2015

Selvedging On !!!

I may need to be selvedged (or should that be salvaged) soon  LOL

A big shout out to my lovely quilting friends for more selvedges resulted in some gorgeous bundles arriving on my doorstep nice and quick.


So I was able to finish off the blocks and my latest selvedge quilt has progressed to the stage where I am now sewing the border strips.
 The border strips are 3 inches wide, interspered with plain selvedges.  3 per side and I have one side done.  
 I am really happy with this quilt so far, and my love for working with selvedges increases with each selvedge project I complete.  

My dream of holding a small exhibition of Selvedge Quilts is about to become a reality !

Happy quilting !

3 comments:

  1. So unique and pretty! I love to see your things quilted using the selvedges. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are so beautiful band unique I can't wait to see this one finished, you're a very talented lady. I'm newbie to quilting and I'm learning as I go mistakes and all but I do love quilting it's so relaxing and I love the fact you can be so creative and use your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comments Virginia. Welcome to quilting and I hope you get as much enjoyment with each quilt you make as I do. My creative streak is growing each day and more so now I am retired and able to spend more time on my quilting.

    ReplyDelete