Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Perfect Weekend Sewing !

A long weekend at the shack, sewing on the verandah overlooking the lake each day, hot sunny weather and no wind - why oh why did I have to come home !

Each morning by 9am I was sitting with a cuppa and sewing machine ready to sew


I sewed 30 Tasmanian Mug Rugs while enjoying the sunshine


Here they are all finished and ready to go overseas


Why you ask?


My latest obsession - fabric license plates from the Row by Row Experience held each US summer in quilt shops around America and Canada  (oh, how I wish Australian quilt shops would adopt this popular concept)

I found a great swap group and some lovely quilters from many US states have offered to send me a license plate so in return for their generosity, I will send them a little 'Tasmanian' gift in return (the mug rug).


My Paper Mache Vest is also ready to be covered in selvedges.  I have a design in mind but won't draw it onto the vest until it is completely dry and then the gluing begins in earnest  LOL

Thanks for stopping by, happy quilting  !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyn
    Have just discovered your blog on QuilterBlogs.Com and have become a follower. I love selvedges too! Perhaps you would like to pop over and visit my blog too?
    Cheers from Jenny in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, thankyou for your comments. Aren't selvedges fun to play with, I am having so much fun with them. I will check out your blog, love meeting friendly quilters outside Australia.

      Delete