Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Selvedge Quilts Exhibition Date

Can't believe another week has flown by and my sewing has now cranked up a gear as a date has been locked in for my Selvedge Quilts exhibition early next year.    The 19th and 20th March will be a wonderful weekend of quilts and market stalls and a busy time as preparations go ahead.

This week I have another selvedge wallhanging ready to be quilted.  This one is another is my 'Silhouette Children' series and the background is done entirely from the 'plain' selvedges.  Here is a sneak peak !

The selvedge vest is coming along and I now have just one side to go.  It is looking really good and I am thinking of covering my paper mache umbrella in the selvedges as well as I still have lots of the selvedges bits and pieces left.



I have about 70 aprons fully completed now and a sewing day in early December will get lots more hemmed and straps attached so that I can 'make them pretty'.

My paper mache bowls/trays/mugs for the Library Display are ready to be painted and decorated and my focus will need to shift to those throughout November so they are ready for early January.

It is going to be a hectic few months ahead but so much fun planning and sewing.

Happy Quilting !

No comments:

Post a Comment