Thursday, August 13, 2015

Papier Mache - my other Hobby !

Having a break from sewing today to work on a couple of my papier mache projects.  I finally got a base fitted to my 'mannequin bust' so I can add some more layers of paper.  

I am so happy with the way it now looks.  This morning I added another 3 layers of cream coloured paper all over and it is now drying in the warm winter sun streaming in through the window.  I will add at least another 6-8 layers of the cream paper before it is done.

While I have the glue mixed, I decided to add a few more layers of coloured paper to my latest piece.  This has about 20 layers of newspaper to make it firm enough to continue with coloured paper.

So in my sunny 'studio' - aka the dining room/sewing room - I have started adding layers of this yellowy/orange coloured paper.  I will do 3-4 complete layers on the outside today then let it dry before continuing to do the inside layers.  It will need at least 15-20 more layers to finish it completely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment