Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fabric Scrap Bundles and Trees

This is most of the fabric I got on Monday from a local quilter who is selling her fabrics.  Lots of the smaller pieces I have already sewn into scrap blocks.
There were lots of small and larger pieces of good quality calico which will make a great background for a scrappy quilt.

Oh the joy when the postie delivers another parcel to the letterbox.  They are coming thick and fast this week and this one arrived this morning.  Lots of yummy good size pieces of good quality fabrics.
 
The upside of all this gorgeous fabric coming my way is this bundle of selvedges that I cut off and added to my already huge selvedge stash...bonus !

 
While cleaning up my sewing room (ongoing battle), I found one of my attempts at free motion quilting - and it's pretty bad hence the reason why I don't do free motion quilting on my quilts - so I thought I would try and cover it up with a tree with leaves.  It came up okay so then I decided to have a go at 'thread painting' a tree with leaves (great sewing machine practice) and then I will colour the leaves in with either crayons or fabric pens. 
 
I need to start sewing 24/7 to finish off all my UFOs and start the long list of quilts I want to make with all these fabrics.
 
Happy quilting !!


1 comment:

  1. New fabric is always fun! I like your tree very much, it looks wonderful. You look to have free motion quilting well under control to me :)

    ReplyDelete