Tuesday, August 18, 2015

'Decorating' Aprons

I have had a lovely couple of days 'decorating' and finishing off aprons.  The aprons will be handed out to everyone attending the International Women's Day Morning Tea next March.

Janice, my quilting friend and mentor and I are working on the project together and Janice has so far cut out and overlocked nearly 90 of the 150 aprons we anticipate we will need for the day.  Now I have a bag of 60 of them to hem, add straps and 'decorate' with bright designs and pockets.

I have tried to incorporate my designs into the pockets where I can so the big strawberry is the pocket, the flowerpot is the pocket as is the tulip.  The 'cow' apron still has a couple of pockets to be sewed on and the cow needs some markings.


I went through my 'orphan block' box and pulled out some old international swap blocks from years ago which will make ideal pockets and decorative features on some of the aprons.

Happy sewing !!





No comments:

Post a Comment