Friday, April 1, 2016

Selvedge Quilts on Display (Photo Heavy)

My selvedge quilt display weekend was an outstanding success with hundreds of people coming along to view the quilts and take the opportunity to purchase from the craft stalls.

There were 30 quilts on display, all made with printed and plain selvedges, collected from local quilting friend and many online quilting friends from around Australia and the USA.  







My favourite selvedge quilt



















Sitting sewing selvedges surrounded by my
selvedge quilt display

Tasmania and Australia 'Mug Rugs' for sale


The Easter break was spent with my two children and their partners who flew into Tasmania during the week after the display to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. It was lovely to have them come home, it has been over 4 years since they were both in the State.

After they flew back to the mainland on Monday of this week, bubby and I spent another few quiet days at our highlands fishing cabin where I was able to sew all day for 3 days - absolute bliss !!  

Happy quilting !


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - what an amazing display of selvedge quilts.
    After seeing your Aussie and Tassie ones, I should really make one in the shape of New Zealand, perhaps? That's a thought, I should add it to my "list of things to do".

    ReplyDelete