Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Months Fly...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I last posted, days just whizz by and I get caught up with daily life or quilting.

International Women's Day was celebrated in style yesterday as each attendee was given a complimentary handmade apron on their arrival.  Over 130 aprons were handed out and it was really great to see many of the women (and men) proudly wearing their aprons throughout the morning.

I made two special aprons for two special friends who ride their scooters around the local towns.  As a surprise I made them each a 'Scooter Apron' in the colours of their own scooters.  They loved them.

I had lots of ladies ask about my 'patchwork aprons' and many wanted to buy them.  These were going to be entered in a mainland apron festival in May but the festival will now be held bi-annually so these will be packed away and entered in 2017's festival.   My lovely husband made the stands to display them on.

I am now gearing up for my Selvedge Quilt display which takes place in a fortnight's time.  I have 30 quilts of varying sizes to display, each one made with printed and/or plain selvedges.  This week I was lucky enough to receive 3 packages stuffed full of selvedges so I am having fun working on a new quilt.
 Here is a cat quilt I have recently finished using selvedges.  Each cat even has a selvedge tail !

I am really looking forward to the Easter break, both my children and their partners are home for a few days to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday and my daughter and I will be planning our trip to Belgium in October while she is here.

Then I will begin work on my licence plate quilt, I am so excited about starting this quilt and it is all ready to go - stay tuned !

Happy quilting !



1 comment:

  1. Love your pussy cat selvedge quilt, and I'm sure your selvedge quilt show will be a knockout!!
    And you're an apron maker too - just like me. I'm currently making my first p/work apron based on Amandajean's pattern from her blog Crazy Mom Quilts.

    ReplyDelete