Friday, April 26, 2019

Something 'Fishy'

I have spent the past couple of months making these fish themed wallhangings / bar mats or table toppers.  They were a lot of fun to make and quilt and I am now hoping I will be able to sell them.
This is my favourite as I have a fisherman husband and have heard this comment on many an occasion.

My best friend and I spent this past summer most days in the boat with the men so it was only appropriate that this quilt was made as my friend embarks on becoming a fly fisherwoman.



I love that most fish caught nowadays are released back into the Lake so another angler might have a chance to 'catch and release'




One of the main reasons why my husband and I have been going to our highlands fishing cabin on the lake for the past 40 years - he is 'hooked on fishing'

Happy quilting !

2 comments:

  1. Haven't you been busy making all those fishy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a lot of fun to make Jenny, now I just need to sell them. Tried at a market a couple of weeks ago but there was no interest whatsoever and this was in a fishing community.

      Delete