Monday, March 18, 2019

Australia Series of Quilts and so much more

I really should become a more regular blogger but I much prefer to sit and sew.  Since my last post about my 'Australia Series' of quilts, I can proudly say 10 quilts have been on display in a local gallery for the past 2 months and I have received very favourable comments about them all.
One of my favourites is the large Eye Spy quilt featuring Australian icons and animals.  For the background I used left over scraps of different blue fabrics from my stash.
Any series of quilts I make nowadays isn't complete without one (or in this case 2) selvedge quilts and this quilt used a selection of indigenous selvedges.  The background is a gorgeous Indigenous designed fabric which I quilted extensively.


My all time favourite in this series is the Shape Up Australia quilt. It makes me smile everytime I look at it.  

Here is the Eye Spy quilt on its own.  I have enough Australiana scrap fabrics to make another quilt as this one was so much fun to do.


These quilts will be on display again later in the year at the local Information Centre before they will be offered for sale.

Happy quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment